Injury report for tonight:
- Beno Udrih sprained his shoulder and is out for tonight. Coach said he had gone in for an MRI or x-ray. Beno is day-to-day.
- Dalembert- Still a no go but working hard (see video below).
- Whiteside- Out for tonight but I spoke with him and he ran today for the first time since the injury and he thinks he should be cleared to practice next week. He also told me that he definitely thinks he should be back in time to play a few pre-season games.
- Darnell Jackson- Was out, and now he’s not.
- Francisco Garcia is in the building and ready to go tonight.
News and noted from Coach Westphal- not a whole lot to report here today:
- The starting line-up will be Jeter, Evans, M. Landry, Thompson and Cousins. I’m not sure how much should be read into the starting line-up, Jeter is starting for the injured Beno Udrih and with the Clippers big front line, Thompson is a better match-up. As for Landry….only time will tell.
- I did have a chance to ask Coach Westphal about the rotation at the small forward spot for this evening and he confirmed that it would be very similar to last game- Landry and Casspi as primary players. Sorry Donté Greene fans.
- Coach was asked about the depth at the guard for this evening and he alluded to Luther Head and Francisco Garcia being the primary reserves. Sorry Joe Crawford fans.
Here is some video that I took today at camp. Samuel Dalembert and Pete Carril have been inseparable over the last three days. It’s good to see Dalembert trying to develop his fundamentals on the hook while he has been slowed by injury.
It should be a fun evening out at Arco. The Clippers are in town after being dealt a 29 point loss on Tuesday night in Portland. Last years number one overall pick, Blake Griffin had 9 points and 7 rebounds while All-star center Chris Kaman added 14 points and 7 rebounds in 22 minutes of work. It will be interesting to see how the Kings starting front line of Jason Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins handle the challenge.